URGENT: School Delayed to August 24th
Mike Seals - August 16, 2020 5:10 pm
This weekend, Ponca City Public School servers were significantly compromised by a ransomware attack. There have been no disclosures of student or personnel personal or financial information. However, all of our data was encrypted if it was stored on a server-based system.
Fortunately, we have a back-up as of 8.10.2020 on all PowerSchool and Parent Portal information. We are currently rebuilding these files and to ensure a smooth start to an already unprecedented school year, PCPS will delay the start of school until Monday, August 24 for all students.
Please note the following information:
- All scheduled Meet Your Teacher or pick-up days for sites scheduled on August 17 or August 18 will remain as scheduled.
- Make-up Day for registration has been moved to Thursday, August 20 at 111 W. Grand Ave. from 8:00-3:00.
- Ponca City Virtual Academy Chromebook pick-up will be Friday, August 21 at 111 W. Grand Ave. from 8:00-3:00.
- Students involved with extra-curricular activities will expect to hear from coaches and sponsors.
- PCPS Employees, please refer to All Employee email from Curtis Layton and possible emails or phone calls from your supervisor.
The District is currently working with an FBI cyber-security unit to combat further attacks to other organizations, and we are having an Emergency Board of Education Meeting Monday, August 17 at 8:00 AM to take action to the delay the start of school to Monday, August 24.
We will keep our families and community updated with information on a regular basis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.