Tulsa construction projects may snag fairgoers
Team Radio Marketing Group - October 6, 2017 4:11 pm
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation said these two projects may cause traffic problems for those attending the Tulsa State Fair:
I-244 bridge project between Harvard Avenue and Memorial Drive; lane closures
As part of a bridge rehabilitation project scheduled for overall completion in summer 2018, delays can be expected in the following areas:
- North and southbound Memorial Dr., Yale Ave. and Harvard Ave. are each narrowed to one lane in each direction over I-244 until further notice. Drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time in this area or seek an alternate route.
- The shoulders along westbound I-244 at Memorial Dr. are closed until further notice.
- The two left lanes of east and westbound I-244 are closed between Harvard Ave. and Yale Ave. through October.
- All lanes of Pittsburg Ave. are closed over I-244 until early summer 2018. Drivers should note the closures listed above for Harvard Ave. and Yale Ave. and plan ahead for extra travel time during this closure.
I-244/US-75 bridge project at northeast corner of Inner Dispersal Loop; major closure tonight
As part of a project at the northeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop beginning Oct. 2 and scheduled for overall completion in fall 2018, delays can be expected and drivers should follow all marked detour signs or seek an alternate route.
- The southbound US-75 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 and 1st St. is closed until further notice.
- All lanes of north and southbound US-75 will be closed at the I-244 junction (northeast corner of the IDL) from 7 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Monday. Delays can be expected and drivers should follow all marked detour signs or seek an alternate route.