This is the weekend of the year in Ponca City!
Team Radio Marketing Group - June 2, 2017 9:20 am
Rarely is there a weekend with as many events going on in Ponca City as the first weekend in June!
- Cruzin’ Grand will be from 6 to 10 p.m. tonight, presented by the Schooners Car Club. Registration will be at First Street and Grand Avenue. You must show proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license. The cost is $10 per vehicle. There is no car show at the lake this year.
- Ponca City Main Street will host the 2nd annual Battle of the Burger from 5 to 9 tonight, downtown behind the library, in conjunction with Cruzin’ Grand! Tickets at the event are $7 per person for the opportunity to taste as many burgers as you’d like.
- The Poncan Theatre Presents: “Still Surfin” a musical tribute to the Beach Boys at 8 tonight after Draggin’ Grand. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. Still Surfin’ is a professional Beach Boys Tribute Band. They have been performing the music of the Beach Boys for over 17 years. Their performances are as true to form as the originals did on their live tours.
- The First Saturday Fly-In Breakfast will be held from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Ponca City Airport. Breakfast is only $7 for adults and $4 for children. It’s a bargain as well as a great fresh cooked breakfast with scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit, sausage, coffee, orange juice and more. Funds raised from the breakfast return to the community. The aviation foundation provided more than $50,000 back into the local community, including much needed grants & other financial support for our schools.
- The 24th consecutive Ponca City Herb Festival is Saturday at Cann Gardens, at 14th and Grand Avenue. This year the sponsor is the Survivor Resource Network. It will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and feature all kinds of plants as well as arts, crafts and garden art.
- Ponca Playhouse: After Hours on the Spot, 9 p.m. Saturday. An improv comedy show played similiar to “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Tickets are $10. Please contact the Ponca Playhouse at http://poncaplayhouse.weebly.com/ for more information.