Students returned safely after evacuation at Trout Elementary School

Team Radio Marketing Group - April 27, 2018 9:56 am

Students at Trout Elementary School were evacuated this morning at 8:15 a.m. due to smoke in the front office.

The smoke was caused by a faulty motor in an HVAC system.  Students returned safely to the classroom at approximately 8:45 a.m.

“Regular safety drills are practiced at all school sites, and this practice leads to precision,” said school spokeswoman Mary Ladd.  “All students and staff at Trout followed the protocol for a possible fire evacuation perfectly.  All students and staff were accounted for and safe.”

 

 

Latest Stories

Trio of Educators Selected for Hall of Fame Honor Include Former PCPS/Blackwell Superintendent

A trio of Oklahoma educators whose dedication to public education has benefited generations of Oklahoma children...

Senate OKs Landmark Gun Violence Bill, House Passage Is Next

WASHINGTON –  The Senate on Thursday easily approved a bipartisan gun violence bill that seemed unthinkable just a...

ODOT: Price of Road Projects on the Rise

FOX 25-OKC With the price of everything rising across the board some road projects through out...