Spring Cleanup, Citywide Garage Sale set for April
Beverly Bryant - March 27, 2018 10:15 am
Ponca City’s annual Citywide Garage Sale Day and annual Spring Cleanup dates are set for April.
The Garage Sale Day will be April 14. The $5 permit fee for garage sales will be waived that day in conjunction with Spring Cleanup, which is set for April 14-21.
In case of inclement weather, Garage Sale Day will be moved to April 21. In addition to no fee for sales on Garage Sale Day, sales will not count toward the two-sales-per-year limit.
During Spring Cleanup, certain fees will be waived and crews will accept items they normally do not.
Landfill Dumping Guidelines:
Citizens must show a CURRENT PCUA (electric) Utility Bill with trash service. The address on the PCUA (electric) bill and their driver’s license must match! In an effort to discourage unauthorized commercial dumping, vehicles larger than a pickup or trailer will be charged standard landfill fees. Limit of 6 loads.
Tires will be accepted at no cost. The Restrictions:
The tires must be 24 inches or smaller. Tires on rims, tractor or heavy equipment tires will not be accepted.
Those residents wishing to dispose of tires should keep them separate, and place the tires in the designated area at the Landfill.
City crews will NOT pick up tires.
The crews will pick up any extra items placed in your regular pick-up area with the exception of the following:
• Poisons, acids, and caustics
• Car batteries
• Body wastes
• Large bulky objects such as automobile frames, tires, and any items or materials (that could contain Freon, PCB, etc.) or could cause damage to collection equipment or personal injury to collectors.
• Dirt, rocks, concrete, and other debris resulting from construction or demolition.
• Dead animals, animal excreta, etc. that has not been wrapped and tightly sealed in moisture-proof wrapping prior to placement for collection.
• Logs greater than 8 inches in diameter and longer than 4 feet or weighing more than 75 pounds.
• Brush that is not bundled, longer than 4 feet in length and weighing more than 75 pounds.
• Containers larger than 35 gallons that contain non-containerized refuse.