Six candidates file for Kay County District 1 seat
Beverly Bryant - July 24, 2017 10:35 am
Six candidates have filed for the special election to fill the Kay County Commissioner District 1 seat, left vacant following the death of Vance Johnson.
The candidates are:
- Jay T. Kirkendall, Ponca City (R)
- Jerald Stone, Ponca City (R)
- Jack Godberson, Ponca City (R)
- Allen Hardesty, Ponca City (R)
- Duane Vap, rural Newkirk (R)
- John Leven, rural Newkirk (D)
The special election, called by Gov. Mary Fallin, will be held Sept. 12 at all District 1 polling places.
Citizens wanting to vote in this election must register with the Kay County Election Board by Aug. 18.
District 1 of Kay County is in the light green portion of the map.