Search continues for missing boy’s body after property sweep
Ponca City Now - June 11, 2016 5:02 pm
SEMINOLE, Okla. (AP) – A search for the body of a 9-year-old boy who went missing 10 years ago continues after authorities did not find the boy’s remains on his foster parent’s property.
Seminole County Sheriff’s Office investigator David Hanson said Friday that authorities completed a search last month of the property of Colton Clark’s foster parents, Rex and Rebecca Clark, who are in custody facing a series of charges including first-degree murder.
Hanson says investigators are following up on leads at other possible locations as they search for Colton’s remains.
An affidavit filed in the case alleges Rex and Rebecca Clark beat Colton to death and coerced his brother to repeat a rehearsed story to authorities.
A preliminary hearing for the couple is scheduled in district court on June 29.