School registration centrally located in July

Ponca City Now - April 8, 2015 12:04 pm

The Ponca City Public Schools will be implementing a new central registration (enrollment) process for the 2015-16 school year.

Parents/guardians will no longer report to their child’s school site to register their student. All parents/guardians will register their children at a central location.

Registration Window

The registration window will occur July 13-16 and July 20-23.

111 West Grand Avenue (former Central Administration Building)

Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Documents Needed to Register

Birth Certificate

Proof of Residency (utility bill, rental agreement or lease etc. within the last 30 days)

Shot Records (PreK, K, 7th -11th grade students)

Custody/Guardianship, if applicable (court-filed papers only)

Student Social Security Card

Driver’s License or government-issued Photo ID of Parent/Guardian

How Does Centralized Registration Work
Parents/guardians of returning students will complete the annually required forms located on the district website for each of their students (after June 1, 2015). Parents have the option of filling them out online and printing them to bring with them. For parents who do not have access to a computer or printer, packets will be available at the PCPS Registration Center. Please review the registration requirements to determine additional documentation to be presented at registration.

The PCPS Registration Center will have computer stations for staff members to assist parents in verifying information that is currently in the student information system – PowerSchool. Any changes to the information in PowerSchool will be made at that time.

Parents/Guardians of students who are new to PCPS or withdrew before the end of the previous year will need to complete the required forms located on the district website (after June 1, 2015). They will have the option of filling them out online and printing them to bring with them or, for parents who do not have access to a computer or printer, packets will be available at the PCPS Registration Center. Please review the registration requirements to determine additional documentation to be presented at the time of registration.

A student will NOT be officially registered in the Ponca City Public School System and will NOT receive a class schedule until they have submitted the required forms to the Registration Center. Registration information and required forms will be available on the district’s website after June 1, 2015.

Here are some helpful questions and answers:

1. My child went to Ponca City Schools last year. Do I still need to come to registration?

Yes. All students must register for the 2015-16 school year at the PCPS Registration Center at 111 West Grand.

2. Will I need to go to my child’s site in August to register?

No. Registration will not be held at the individual school sites. All students will register at the PCPS Registration Center.

3. My child goes to one of the middle schools/high school. Will I be able to pick up their schedule at registration?

No. Class schedules for secondary students will not be distributed at the Registration Center. Visit the district website at (after June 1, 2015) and click on Enrollment to view the dates and times schedules will be available. Students who have not gone through the registration process will NOT be permitted to pick up schedules.

4. I completed an enrollment form for my child before the end of the school year. Is it necessary to come to registration?

Yes, parents will need to complete the registration packet of required forms to return to the Registration Center. They will also need to verify information entered into the student information system for their student.

5. I live with someone and do not have a utility bill in my name. How do I show proof of residence?

The individual with whom the parent/guardian lives will need to accompany the parent to registration and bring proof of residence.

6. I have step-children in the home. Can I register them?

It is preferable that the parent/legal guardian register their student(s). However, if they are unavailable during registration hours, the step-parent may register the students as long as they provide a copy of the photo ID of the parent/legal guardian.

7. I have turned in an in-district transfer request for my elementary student. Will I know at registration if my transfer has been approved?

No, the elementary transfer meeting will be conducted after the 2-week registration window. After the transfer meeting, site principals will call and inform parents of the status of their transfer request.

8. I do not have the required documents. Can I still complete my child’s registration?

Students who are missing required documentation will not be assigned to classes, nor will they be permitted to pick up schedules at the secondary sites, until all required documents have been submitted to the Registration Center.

9. I do not have legal custody of the child living with me. Can I register him/her for school?

Yes, only if you provide a copy of the legal guardian’s photo ID.

10. My spouse and I are divorced. Why do I need to provide custody/divorce decree to the schools?

Having court-issued custody/divorce decrees on file established custodial rights and ensures student safety.

11. I will be out of town during the dates of registration. What do I need to do to register my child?

The Registration Center will continue to accept student registrations after the two-week summer registration window; however, due to class-size restrictions, students may not be placed at their home school.

12. Do I need to fill out a registration packet for each one of my children?

Yes, with the exception of the Student Enrollment Questionnaire. Registration packets are available online at Parents/guardians may complete the forms, print them out and bring them with them to the Registration Center. For parents who do not have access to a printer, registration packets will be available at the Registration Center.

13. My child goes by a name other than their legal name. Can I enroll my child with this name?

No, school records are legal documents and students must be registered under their legal name.


Latest Stories

Watch Ponca City Football Here

The Cats are at home against Deer Creek. If you can’t make it to the game...


Taylor Swift called out to fans to register on National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday and Swifties...


GLENPOOL, Okla. – Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics agents spent the past three months doing an undercover investigation...