Residential Autumn Leaf Collection Begins
Mike Seals - December 3, 2020 8:18 pm
Fall leaf pickup to start soon.
The City of Ponca City’s Residential Autumn Leaf Collection will begin, today, December 4, 2020 and end on February 5, 2021. The City is asking residents who wish to have their leaves removed to please follow these guidelines:
- Bagged leaves, placed in the regular refuse collection area, will be collected free of charge. Bagged leaves will be picked up at the rate of 10 bags per pickup day.
- Bagged leaves may be collection by special pick up anytime of the year by calling Solid Waste at 580-767-0411. Special pickups carry a minimum charge of $39.09.
Other options to consider for getting rid of leaves include safely using a lawnmower to mulch leaves into the yard or using leaves as backyard compost for next spring’s plantings. Do not place compost enclosures in the alley right-of-way, so alleyways are not blocked for utility access.
Loose leaves (non-containerized) WILL NOT be collected at this time due to the on-going Residential Ice Storm Debris Only Collection.
Residential Ice Storm Tree Debris Only Collection Continues
The City of Ponca City’s Residential Ice Storm Tree Debris Only Collection is on-going and may take two to three months to complete, if not longer. There is no fee for this service. Crews are using a Limb Removal Pick Up Order that has been created to remove debris as efficiently and safely as possible, while working thru each of the 21 sections identified for collection (see attached map). The Parks Division is currently collecting debris in Section 2 and the Street Division is currently collecting debris in Section 3.
The Street Division and the Parks Division each have a crew comprised of dump trucks and a front-end loader. They are collecting debris based on the following guidelines:
- Tree limbs must be cut into sections no longer than 8 feet.
- Tree limbs must be placed at the curb (not in the street nor on sidewalks) and away from obstructions like poles, mail boxes, overhead wires, trees, and irrigation systems etc. Do not place tree debris in alleyways, so alleyways are not blocked for utility access. Crews WILL NOT pick up debris that is blocked by vehicles parked in the street.
- Crews will only make one pass through a neighborhood to collect debris, so it must be AT THE CURB when they arrive.
As an alternative, the City of Ponca City will continue to provide a RESIDENTIAL ICE STORM TREE DEBRIS ONLY drop-off collection site at no fee. The Drop-off collection site is located at Dan Moran Park, 1117 W. South Avenue. Tree limbs must be cut into sections no longer than 8 feet, and tree limbs must be placed within the designated area.