Rep. Luttrell Provides Update
Mike Seals - April 3, 2020 9:27 am
– Most House staff will continue to work remotely; only essential staff will be at the Capitol.
– No gatherings of more than 10 will be allowed in any House room at any time.
– House members and staff will not be allowed into the Capitol if they:
- Have COVID-19 or its symptoms
- Live with someone who has COVID-19 or its symptoms
- Are immunocompromised or otherwise at risk
- Live with someone who is immunocompromised or otherwise at risk
– Before entering the Capitol, House members and staff will have their temperature taken. No one with a temperature above 100.4F will be admitted.
– House members unable to enter the Capitol for these reasons or others can vote remotely via a proxy under House Rule Fifteen.
– Skeleton crews of less than ten people will run floor and committee proceedings.
– Members and staff must listen to proceedings in their offices.
– Members will be brought into floor and committee proceedings individually or in small groups to vote, ask questions, debate and present legislation in order to comply with orders limiting gatherings of ten or more.
– Press will be permitted in the enclosed press gallery above the House Chamber, and will be required to maintain social distancing within the gallery.
– The House Chamber public gallery will be closed.
– Livestreaming video online of floor and committee proceedings will continue.