Reasons to celebrate Ponca City and our future!
Ponca City Now - June 7, 2016 11:42 am
Many thanks to Rich Cantillon at the Ponca City Area Chamber of Commerce for compiling this list of reasons to celebrate Ponca City and our future!
- Ponca City is the fifth largest manufacturing center in the state of Oklahoma. Oklahoma City is number one followed by Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Lawton and then Ponca City.
- We have free city-wide Wi-Fi.
- We have the most tourist attractions of any rural city in Oklahoma. In fact we have many things unique to Ponca City. For example a 55-room castle, the largest collection of 101 Ranch memorabilia, the tallest bronze statue in the state, a Native American museum celebrating the history of our 6 local tribes, a large collection of western and oriental art, hand-painted lobby art of the 1930s in the historic Poncan Theatre, 10 acres of botanical gardens, the most unique swimming pool in Oklahoma, 8 casinos, and great outdoor recreation.
- Alliance Health Ponca City Hospital is rated as one of the top best small hospitals in the nation according to the Thompson Reuters Report.
- The most unique City Hall in Oklahoma.
- Our new Ponca City Aquatic Center – YMCA.
- The new Carolyn Renfro Event Center.
- We just passed a $38,225,000 bond issue to improve our athletic facilities and build a new concert hall for the high school. With these continued renovations, the Ponca City schools will be one of the finest in Oklahoma.
- Right now every person in a leadership position in Ponca City including the Mayor, City Manager, School Superintendent, Economic Development Director and Chamber of Commerce Director has been named the best in their field by their peers in Oklahoma.
- We have made major improvements to Lake Ponca. We now have a swim beach, new restrooms and playground equipment.
- Many of our 28 parks have new playground equipment and several have splash pads.
- We have made major improvements to our downtown with new landscaping, a Veteran’s Park, sidewalks and lighting.
- The Ponca City Country Club has a brand new look and offers all kinds of activities for all ages and families.
- Every school building in Ponca City has been remodeled, enhanced and improved with the latest technology. Every 8th grade student is issued a laptop computer that they can use until they graduate from Po-Hi.
- We continue to have amazing events including live concerts, plays, festivals, pow wows and rodeos.
- We have created walking trails, mountain bike trails and disc golf courses. We will have a walking/riding trail from the Marland Mansion out and around Lake Ponca.