Prosecutor disputes reports on Oklahoma sex assault case

The Associated Press and Tulsa World - January 20, 2019 9:11 am

(Information from: Tulsa World, http://www.tulsaworld.com)
TULSA, Okla. (AP) – A prosecutor is disputing reports that the case has been dismissed against four teenagers accused of sexually assaulting a teammate on their Oklahoma football team.
The case involving the former Bixby High School players is in juvenile court, so information isn’t public.
However defense attorney Brett Swab told the Tulsa World that the case had been resolved and that he was pleased with the results. He declined to say exactly what a judge had decided about the cases.
Rogers County District Attorney Matt Ballard said “selective” information has been released to the media that’s “intended to mislead and deceive.”
The cases involve three 17-year-olds and a 16-year-old who were charged with using a pool cue to sexually assault a then-16-year-old boy during a team dinner in 2017 at the home of the former Bixby schools superintendent.
The Associated Press is not naming the defendants because of their ages.

 

Latest Stories

NASA Themed Event Planned for This Weekend at the Ponca City Library

The Ponca City Library invites you to come explore the first NASA images from the James...

Oklahoma’s Blind Community Will Soon be Able to Vote From Home

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — The blind community in Oklahoma will soon be able to vote from home....

Couple Charged In Connection With Child’s Fentanyl Overdose Death

OKLAHOMA CITY –  Attorney General John O’Connor has filed charges in Oklahoma County against a couple in connection with...