Procedures Announced for Wildcats Football Game at B’ville
Mike Seals - October 12, 2020 11:36 pm
The Ponca City Public School Wildcat Football Team is scheduled to play the Bartlesville Bruins this week on Thursday, October 15, 7:00 p.m. at Bartlesville.
Tickets for this Thursday’s game will be first come first served.
According to Bartlesville Athletic Department, the visitor stands hold 1,200 spectators and will be reduced to half capacity. Adult tickets are $7, and Students are $5.
The Bartlesville Athletics and Activities Event Guidelines document is below:
Bartlesville Athletics and Activities Event Guidelines
Dear Student-Athletes, Coaches, Staff, Officials, Administrators, Parents, and Patrons,
Welcome to our facilities. As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons are our top priorities.
The following are our event guidelines:
1. Mask or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering a Bartlesville Public Schools Facility. Refusal to wear a mask or face covering will prevent admittance into the facility.
2. Participants, officials and coaches may remove their masks when they reach their respective playing field or court (ex: volleyball: on the court, softball: inside the playing field fence). Face coverings are encouraged but not required inside the playing field.
3. All non-participants will be required to wear masks / face coverings at all times and maintain social distance when possible.
4. Bartlesville ticket takers and sellers will be masked and gloved. We encourage all Bartlesville students, parents, and patrons to buy an all-sport pass to reduce contact with ticket takers/sellers at events.
5. At this time, we will recommend no pre-game or post-game hand shaking, high-fives, or fist bumps between opposing teams to reduce contact as much as possible.
6. At some of our venues, there will be seating areas marked off as unavailable. Please refrain from sitting in these areas to help us keep our student-athletes, coaches, officials, and fans as safe as possible.
7. For participants, officials and coaches, no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles.
8. For shared equipment such as bats, helmets, catchers gear, etc., sanitation should occur in between use when possible.
9. Locker rooms will be accessible to teams but we highly recommend, for both home and visiting teams and officials, to come dressed and ready to participate for the event. Masks will be required in locker rooms, athletic training rooms, and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing field or court.
10. Only necessary/approved personnel will be allowed in the press box and at scorer’s tables.
11. When trading team benches, such as in between volleyball sets, chairs should be sanitized.
12. When traveling to and from away events, all Bartlesville coaches and student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
Thank you for your cooperation. If there are questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please contact our Athletic/Activities Department @ 918-337-0153.