Pre-kindergarten registration dates, procedures announced
Ponca City Now - February 3, 2016 9:50 am
Ponca City Public Schools have scheduled the registration window for Pre-Kindergarten eligible students for the 2016-2017 school year.
To enroll in Pre-Kindergarten, a child must be 4 years of age by Sept. 1, 2016.
The registration window is set for Feb. 29 to March 11, 2016. The location is the PCPS Registration Center, 111 West Grand Ave.
Parents/Guardians will need the following documentation in order to register their child:
- Current address and proof of residence – must be current within the last 30 days (water, gas or electric bill)
- If the family recently closed on a home, submit a signed settlement statement in contract.
- If the family is in the process of closing on a home, submit non-contingent signed contract.
- Driver’s license of parent/guardian
- Required forms – these may be completed online and printed, or packets will be available at the Registration Center.
- Certified birth certificate
- Immunization record (immunization requirements can be found on the district web site)
- Social Security card (requested, but not required)
- Custody/guardianship and divorce decrees (court-filed papers, if applicable)
- I.E.P. documents (if applicable)
Parents of children that qualify for Pre-Kindergarten are invited to an informational orientation meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016.
The meeting will take place at West Middle School, 1401 West Grand Avenue in the school auditorium. Guardians of all 4 year old students that plan to attend Pre-Kindergarten in Ponca City for the 2016-2017 school year are highly encouraged to attend.
Pre-K required vaccinations
3 Hep B
2 Hep A
Kay County Health Department
Ponca City, OK 74601
Phone (580) 762-1641
Fax (580) 762-4539
Oklahoma Department of Vital Statistics