Pre-Kindergarten enrollment set
Ponca City Now - February 26, 2015 11:50 am
All Ponca City Public School Pre-Kindergarten students will enroll during the same week, March 9-13, 2015, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Students will enroll at their home school. Pre-enrollment is necessary to ensure placement in classes.
Parents will still be required to attend central registration in July.
All pre-kindergarten children must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2015, to be eligible for enrollment.
Pre-kindergarten students will be taken on a first come, first served basis as classes are limited. Full day pre-kindergarten will be offered Monday through Friday at the elementary sites.
Pre-kindergarten is dismissed at 2:30 p.m. each day. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent.
Students must reside in the Ponca City Public School attendance zone and may attend school at no cost to the family. Transfers are not granted to pre-kindergarten students.
Students are moved from site to site until all classes are full. Once classes fill, students will be assigned to a new site that has room or placed on a waiting list.
Parents must bring the following information to pre-enrollment:
· Birth certificate (official) – a hospital record will not be accepted.
· Social Security number
· Proof of residence in Ponca City Public School district (utility bill, etc.)
· Immunization (shot) record. All health records must be up-to-date before students are allowed to attend school. Children MUST have the following in order to enroll.
Immunization Requirements for Pre-Kindergarten:
· 4 DTaP
· 3 IPV/OPV (inactivated polio/oral polio)
· 1 MMR
· 3 Hep B
· 2 Hep A
*Varicella (chicken pox) or a signed dated statement that the child has had the chicken pox (on approximate date)
* If the 4th dose of DTP/DTaP is administered on or after the child’s 4th birthday, then the 5th dose of DTP/DTaP is not required.
** If the 3rd dose of IPV/OPV is administered on or after the child’s 4th birthday, then the 4th dose of IPV/OPV is not required