Polar Bear Plunge set for Dec. 9
Team Radio Marketing Group - November 30, 2017 12:59 pm
Polar Bears and their Cubs are invited to join Ponca City families to kick off the winter season with the Park and Recreation Department!
Meet at the Lake Ponca Ski Doc No. 13 for the first annual Polar Bear Plunge at 1 p.m. Dec. 9 for a chilly good romp in the water! You can enjoy the refreshing dip FREE!
For a souvenir 2017 Polar Bear Plunge beach towel for $10, register online at https://Polar Plunge Towel. After the plunge, you’re invited to warm up and get ready for hibernation with hot refreshments and cookies.
The Park and Recreation Department offers these sensible safety tips to make the plunge as fun and safe as possible:
- Anyone with heart problems—Just watch
- Do not drink—Alcohol speeds up hypothermia
- Do not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes
- Do not remove clothing until swim time
- Don’t put dry clothing on over wet clothing