PCPS Announces Spring Sports Guidelines
Mike Seals - March 1, 2021 10:27 pm
The Ponca City Public School Athletic Department has announced the 2021 Spring Sports Guidelines. They apply to all Student-Athletes, Coaches, Staff, Officials, Administrators, Parents, and Patrons. The PCPS Letter announcing the guidelines is below:
Welcome to our facilities. As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, students, parents, and patrons are our top priorities. We strongly recommend our patrons who have pre-existing health conditions to follow Ponca City Public Schools livestreaming options. In addition, if you have any possible COVID-19 symptoms, it is the individual’s responsibility to refrain from attending our events.
The following are our event guidelines:
- Mask or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering a Ponca City Public School indoor facility. Refusal to wear a mask or face covering will prevent admittance into facilities.
- Indoors: Ponca City Public Schools Safety Protocols require all individuals to wear a face covering.
- Outdoors: Spectators may remove face coverings in locations that have adequate space and that will allow for social distancing.
- Participants and officials may remove their face coverings when they reach their respective playing field or court (ex: Golf: on the course, Baseball: inside the playing field fence). When in close contact with others, face coverings will be worn.
- All non-participants will be required to wear face coverings at all times and maintain social distance when possible. This includes all personnel on team benches/sidelines/dugouts.
- Ponca City Public Schools ticket takers and sellers will use face coverings. We encourage all Ponca City students, parents, and patrons to purchase tickets and passes online when available.
- Soccer and Baseball participants will be allowed four (4) spectators. It is recommended that participants only include family members on spectator lists. There will be additional tickets available at each ticket booth until 50% capacity is reached.
- When live streaming is available, it can be located on PoncaCityNow.com or through our Po-Hi Wildcat Media YouTube channel.
- At this time, we will recommend no pre-game or post-game hand shaking, high-fives, or fist bumps between opposing teams to reduce contact as much as possible. Please refrain from entering student area before, during, or after the game. (Example: Bandstands at FB; Staging Area at Concert Hall)
- At some of our venues, there will be seating areas marked-off as unavailable. Due to social distancing protocols, seating in some facilities may be limited. Please refrain from sitting in these areas to help keep student-athletes, coaches, officials, and fans as safe as possible.
- Participants, officials and coaches will not share towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles.
- For shared equipment such as bats, helmets, catchers gear, music stands, chairs, etc., sanitation should occur in between use when possible.
- Locker rooms will be accessible to teams but we highly recommend, for both home and visiting teams and officials, they come dressed and ready to participate for the event. Face-coverings will be required in locker rooms, athletic training rooms, and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing field or court.
- Only necessary/approved personnel will be allowed in the press box, technology booth, and at scorer’s tables.
- No trading team benches.
- When traveling to and from away events in school vehicles, all Ponca City coaches, student-athletes, and participants will be required to wear face coverings.
- Spectators are required to wear a face covering in common areas where social distancing is not possible. (Restrooms, Concession Stands, and Common Areas)
- In concession areas, workers will use face coverings and gloves. All items in concession stands must be prepackaged.
Thank you for your cooperation. If there are questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please contact our Athletic/Activities Department at 580-767-8075.