PCPD numbers for the month of July
Ponca City Now - July 14, 2014 9:48 am
The Ponca City Police Department released these number for the month of July, so far.
Since July 1:
– 58 people have been arrested. Some had multiple charges and warrants, s
– So those 58 represented 22 Kay County warrants, 29 city warrants and 54 new charges. Kay County warrants were for fail to pay, fail to appear, rule 8 and application to revoke/accelerate on charges including, but not limited to DUI, burglary, possession of drugs, possession of firearm by a felon, fraud, assault, domestic assault and battery and exploitation of the elderly.
City warrants were fail to pay and fail to appear on charges including, but not limited to driving under suspension, false information, obstruction of an officer, dog violations, speeding, unlawful use of utilities, possession of marijuana, hit and run, public intoxication and no insurance.
New charges included, but were not limited to larceny, public intoxication, possession of marijuana, aggravated DUI, assault with a dangerous weapon, burglary, assault and battery, eluding domestic assault and battery, resisting arrest, possession of an offensive weapon and violation of the sex offender registration act.
– Dispatch has handled 137 Fire Department/ EMS calls
– Dispatch has handled 355 calls for other city departments
– Dispatch has handled 730 police calls and 14 calls transferred to other agencies.
– Of the calls dispatch had handled officers wrote 144 reports.
Police Chief, Don Bohon said this is a busy 10 days, but it’s really not out of the normal.