OSU Alumni Association names 2017-18 award recipients, including four Hall of Fame inductees
Team Radio Marketing Group - July 26, 2017 9:34 am
STILLWATER — The Oklahoma State University Alumni Association will recognize 11 alumni during the upcoming academic year with either induction into the OSU Hall of Fame or a Distinguished Alumni Award.
The OSU Hall of Fame induction ceremony is Feb. 9, 2018, at the ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center. The award is the highest honor bestowed by the university and recognizes outstanding lifetime achievement in society and professional life. The 2018 inductees are:
- Sarah Coburn, ’99 music education, of Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Ike Glass, ’61 management, of Newkirk, Oklahoma
- Frank Lucas, ’82 agricultural economics, of Cheyenne, Oklahoma
- Nancy Randolph Davis, ’52 HEECS (posthumous)
Nominations for the 2018-19 awards are now open at ORANGECONNECTION.org/awards and are due Feb. 1, 2018.
Seven individuals will be honored with the Distinguished Alumni Award during ceremonies set for Sept. 22 at the ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center. This award recognizes alumni who attain distinctive success in his or her chosen field or profession, perform outstanding service to their community or both. The 2017 honorees are:
- Jack Corgan, ’67 architectural studies, of Dallas
- Claud D. Evans, ’66 agricultural biochemistry, of Okemah, Oklahoma
- Larry Ferguson, ’75 animal science, and Kay Ferguson of Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Jennifer Grigsby, ’91 accounting, of Oklahoma City
- Piyush Patel, ’98 elementary education, of Oklahoma City
- Wilson Pipestem, ’92 English, of Falls Church, Virginia
Registration for the Distinguished Alumni Award Reception is available at ORANGECONNECTION.org/daarsvp.