OSBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Ada
Ponca City Now - December 3, 2019 1:13 pm
** The following update is based on an ongoing investigation, which continues to evolve as the OSBI interviews witnesses and collects evidence. The OSBI’s understanding of the facts and circumstances may evolve over the course of the investigation as additional witnesses are interviewed and additional evidence is collected and analyzed.
ADA, Okla. — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating an officer-involved shooting that occurred in Ada Tuesday morning.
This is the latest on the investigation:
• At approximately 10 a.m., Ada Police Department officers were serving felony warrants at a residence in the 800 block of West 12th St.
• Upon arrival, the suspect was outside and opened fire on the officers.
• One Ada police officer was hit.
• Officers returned fire, hitting the suspect. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
• The wounded officer was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
It is early in the investigation and more information will be released as, and when, needed.