OSBI Investigates Anadarko Officer-involved Shooting
Mike Seals - April 5, 2021 10:36 am
** The following update is based on an active and ongoing investigation. The OSBI’s initial understanding of the facts and circumstances may evolve over the course of the investigation as witnesses are interviewed and evidence is collected and analyzed. Upon completion of the OSBI investigation, agents will submit a report summarizing their investigation to the District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney will determine whether or not to file charges.
Anadarko, Okla. – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is investigating an officer-involved shooting that occurred in Anadarko, Okla., Caddo County this morning.
Based on the OSBI’s initial investigation, this is what is known at this time:
• Just before 1am this morning, Anadarko police officers were called to an overdose in the 100 block of Nixon Drive in Anadarko.
• While officers were attempting life-saving measures on the subject that had overdosed, another subject, identified as Silas Lambert, DOB: 10-26-1995, pulled out a gun.
• Gunfire was exchanged between two Anadarko police officers and Lambert.
• One officer was shot and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
• Lambert was shot, transported to the hospital, and later pronounced dead.
• The overdose subject was pronounced dead at the scene.
There is no additional information to be released at this time.