Osage County Sheriff Sues District Attorney Over Alleged Slander, Interference, and Abuse of Power
KTUL - October 12, 2023 6:10 am
The Osage County Sheriff’s Office Responds to District Attorney Mike Fisher’s Comments at a press conference on Sept. 12, 2023. (KTUL)
TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — The Osage County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that Sheriff Eddie Virden is suing the Osage County District Attorney, Mike Fisher.
According to court records, Virden is accusing Fisher of the following:
- Interference with an official investigation
- Malicious interference with the Osage Sheriff’s Office operations
- Oppression in office for political gain
- Fraudulent auction
- Abuse of power and oppression in office
Sheriff Virden and Fisher have been in an ongoing battle over a 1970s cold case.
Sheriff Eddie Virden held a news conference in Pawhuska on Tuesday, Sept. 12, in response to a separate conference held by District Attorney Mike Fisher on Monday, Sept. 11, over the cold case.
- RELATED | ‘I wanna be darn sure’: Osage DA says cold case evidence doesn’t support Kansas connection
In the lawsuit, Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden accuses Osage County D.A. Mike Fisher of trying to stop the sheriff from doing his job and ruining his reputation.
Sheriff Virden does not wish to comment at this time about the lawsuit.