Oklahoma residents can apply for individual assistance for storm damage

Mike Seals - February 26, 2021 10:47 am

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Many homeowners are still cleaning up after a historic winter storm moved through the region earlier this month.

Now, city officials in Oklahoma City say residents can apply for disaster assistance.

Homeowners, renters, and business owners who live in several Oklahoma counties can apply for disaster assistance from FEMA if they sustained damage to their homes, vehicles, personal property, business, or inventory during the February storms.

The assistance can help with:

  • Housing repairs
  • Temporary housing
  • Grants for serious needs
  • Necessary disaster expenses not met by other programs
  • Low-interest loans for people and businesses to repair or replace damaged property.

Examples of significant damage include flooding and water damage inside the home from broken pipes, roof damage or roof collapse, major damage to HVAC systems and electrical systems, sewage backups, long term water outages, or other issues.

Counties currently eligible for assistance are Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Comanche, Cotton, Hughes, Jefferson, Le Flore, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Stephens, Tulsa, and Wagoner.

To apply for assistance, visit FEMA’s website or call 1-800-621-3362.


Latest Stories

Oklahoma COVID-19 Update for 14 April 2021

This week, 16 Oklahoma counties are in the “orange” risk level, 54 are in the “yellow”...

House to Hold Public Comment Session on Redistricting Map Process

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma House of Representatives will hold a public comment session this week...

Stillwater balloon festival a bust

by: Austin Breasette   STILLWATER, Okla. (KFOR) – A food truck vendor spoke out Tuesday after a...