Oklahoma Drivers Named 4th-Worst in the Country in Forbes Study
KTUL - May 12, 2023 6:18 am
OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — A new study ranked Oklahoma as one of the top states for worst drivers.
Forbes Advisor recently conducted a study on car accidents in the United States. According to Forbes, in 2021, more than 39,500 fatal car crashes occurred in America, which was a 10% increase from 2020.
The study compared all 50 states and Washington D.C. by use of six metrics. The metrics include the following:
- Number of drunk drivers involved in fatal car accidents
- Number of fatal car accidents involving a distracted driver
- Number of fatal accidents involving a drowsy driver
- Number of fatal accidents involving a driver who was driving the wrong way on a one-way street or on the wrong side of the road
- Number of fatal car accidents involving a driver who failed to obey traffic signs, traffic signals, or a traffic officer
- Number of drivers who looked at a phone per mile
Based on these metrics, Forbes found Texas ranked number one for the state with the worst drivers.
Louisiana, Kansas, and Kentucky are also listed in the Top 5 States with the Worst Drivers.
Oklahoma ranked number four out of the 50 states. According to the study, Oklahoma had the seventh-highest number of fatal car accidents involving a districted driver, the eighth-highest number of fatal accidents involving a driver who failed to obey traffic signs, and the ninth-worst for drunk drivers being involved in fatal crashes.
Out of a score of 100 points, Oklahoma received an 80.53.
Click here to read the full report.