Oklahoma COVID Update – 9 May 2020
Team Radio Marketing Group - May 9, 2020 11:35 am
SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19
- As of this advisory, there are 4,490 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- Kay County remains at 48 confirmed cases, resulting in 7 deaths, and 38 people listed as recovered.
- Osage County has 88 confirmed cases, with 8 deaths, and 62 on the recovered list.
- There are four additional deaths; two of them occurred in the past 24 hours and the others died between May 6-May 7.
- One in Oklahoma County, a female in the 50-64 age group.
- One in Delaware County, a male in the 65 and older age group.
- One in Pittsburg County, a male in the 65 and older age group.
- One in Washington County, a male in the 50-64 age group.
- There are 270 total deaths in the state.
- The OSDH published its third expanded weekly epidemiology and surveillance report on COVID-19, highlighting the continued downward trend in the percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in relation to overall testing being conducted in Oklahoma. A copy of this week’s Oklahoma COVID-19 Weekly Report can be found here.
- OSDH is excited to partner with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma to bring Caring Vans to our state’s under-served areas for COVID-19 testing. Caring Vans will be at select locations today. COVID-19 testing is open to everyone; individuals do not need to exhibit symptoms to be tested. More information on our testing site locations can be found here.
- A list of COVID-19 testing sites in the state can be found here.
- For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.
COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|Confirmed Positive Cases||4,490|
|*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date||90,721|
|*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date||95,869|
|Total Cumulative Hospitalizations||822|
|Deaths in the Past 24 hours||2|
|Total Cumulative Deaths||270|
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-05-09 at 7:00 a.m.