Oklahoma COVID-19 Update – 14 May 2020
Mike Seals - May 14, 2020 12:02 pm
SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19
As of this advisory, there are 4,962 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
Kay County is reporting a cumulative total of 49 confirmed cases, with 7 deaths, and 38 recoveries.
Osage County is listed as having 90 cases of the virus, with 8 deaths, and 63 recovered cases.
There have been a total of 284 virus deaths in the state.
- There are six additional deaths since the last report; three of them occurred in the past 24 hours and the others died between May 4-May 11.
- Two in Oklahoma County, a male in the 65 and older age group and a female in the 65 and older age group.
- Two in Cleveland County, both males in the 65 and older age group.
- One in Comanche County, a male in the 50-64 age group.
- One in Washington County, a female in the 65 and older age group.
- “Over the past week, OSDH has deployed several systems of support into Texas County and the surrounding areas to address a heightened presence of COVID-19. The largest employer in the county, Seaboard Foods, has been a good partner with state agencies by allowing OSDH to test all processing plant employees,” said Health Commissioner Gary Cox. “We are also partnering on guidance and solutions to ensure the company continues doing everything possible to protect its workers. Over the next few days, we expect spikes in our reporting of positive cases due to the significant number of tests processed for Texas County, which is reflective of our increased testing efforts.”
- COVID-19 testing sites are open in multiple cities in Oklahoma as a result of a cross-county, city and state health system partnership. Visit this page for updated dates and locations.
- For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.
COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|Confirmed Positive Cases||4,962|
|*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date||106,943|
|*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date||112,647|
|Total Cumulative Hospitalizations||858|
|Deaths in the Past 24 hours||3|
|Total Cumulative Deaths||284|
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-05-14 at 7:00 a.m.