Oklahoma COVID-19 Update for 2 September 2020
Mike Seals - September 2, 2020 11:12 am
SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19
OSDH, in partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education, has updated its ‘Return to Learn’ guidance supporting a safe return to in-person learning for Oklahoma schools. The updated document clarifies key terms and responsibilities related to COVID-19 response in schools.
As of this advisory, there are 60,118 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
Kay County is reporting a cumulative number of 327 confirmed cases, with 12 deaths.
Osage County is reporting a cumulative total of 649 total cases, also resulting in 12 deaths.
There have been 821 total deaths in the state attributed to the virus.
- There are 12 additional deaths identified to report. One death was identified in the past 24 hours.
- One in Adair County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Canadian County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Cleveland County, one male in the 50 – 64 age group.
- One in Choctaw County, one male in the 50 – 64 age group.
- One in Creek County, one male in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Delaware County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Hughes County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Muskogee County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- Two in Oklahoma County, two males in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Tulsa County, one female in 65 or older age group.
- One in Washington County, one male in the 50 – 64 age group.
- For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.
COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|Confirmed Positive Cases||
|*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date||833,124|
|*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date||904,600|
|Total Cumulative Hospitalizations||4,961|
|Identified Deaths in the Past 24 hours||1|
|Total Cumulative Deaths||
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
***The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-09-02 at 7:00 a.m.