Oklahoma COVID-19 Update for 2 October 2020
Mike Seals - October 2, 2020 11:05 am
– SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 –
As of this advisory, there are 89,559 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
Kay County has reported a cumulative total of 670 confirmed cases, with 13 deaths.
Osage County is reporting a total of 1,118 confirmed cases, also with 13 deaths.
There are 1,044 total deaths in the state.
- This week, six counties moved from the “orange” risk phase to “yellow” and nine new counties moved to “orange”. OSDH continues to monitor closely the statewide hospitalization trends for COVID-19.
- Due to improvements in testing availability and reporting of lab results, OSDH is now calculating the alert system by date the result was reported (rather than date of symptom onset, as previously done). This improves transparency, as the calculations can be performed with publicly available data.
- The COVID-19 Alert map will be updated every Friday in the Situation Update at 11:00 a.m. This week’s map can be seen in this update below the test results chart.
- As OSDH continues to meet with stakeholders across the state, the COVID-19 Alert Map is subject to further revisions as science and public health guidance advances with the ongoing pandemic.
- There are 9 additional deaths identified to report. One death was identified in the past 24 hours.
- Two in Cleveland County, one male in the 18 – 35 age group and one male in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Delaware County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Logan County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Oklahoma County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Ottawa County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Tulsa County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Washington County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
- One in Woodward County, one male in the 65 or older age group.
- For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.
COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date||1,140,601|
|*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date||1,244,650|
|Total Cumulative Hospitalizations||6,569|
|Identified Deaths in the Past 24 hours||1|
|Total Cumulative Deaths||1,044|
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
***The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-10-01 at 7:00 a.m.
Oklahoma COVID-19 Alert System
As of October 1, 2020