Oklahoma COVID-19 Update – 22 May 2020
Mike Seals - May 22, 2020 11:09 am
SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19
As of this advisory, there are 5,849 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
Kay County is reporting cumulative total of 51 confirmed cases, with 7 deaths and 41 recoveries.
Osage County has had 93 confirmed cases, with 8 deaths, and 80 people who are listed as recovered.
There have been 307 total deaths in the state.
- There are three additional deaths; one of them occurred in the past 24 hours and the others died between May 17-May 20.
- One in Oklahoma County, a female in the 65 and older age group.
- One in Tulsa County, a male in the 65 and older age group.
- One in Texas County, a male in the 50-64 age group.
- COVID-19 testing sites are open in multiple cities in Oklahoma as a result of a cross-county, city and state health system partnership. Visit this page for updated dates and locations.
- For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.
COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|Confirmed Positive Cases||5,849|
|*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date||146,022|
|*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date||152,998|
|Total Cumulative Hospitalizations||926|
|Deaths in the Past 24 hours||1|
|Total Cumulative Deaths||307|
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-05-22 at 7:00 a.m.