Oklahoma City’s collapsed bridge could operate by mid-July

Ponca City Now - June 9, 2016 10:32 am

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Public works officials say an Oklahoma City expressway bridge that partially collapsed last month could reopen to normal traffic as soon as mid-July.

The Oklahoman (http://bit.ly/1U8i0nt ) reports that repair plans include converting Northwest Expressway to two-way traffic in the eastbound lanes during the three to four weeks of construction. May Avenue will remain open to two-way traffic in the southbound lanes during construction except for two brief periods.

A majority of the 52-foot-long section of the bridge’s northbound lanes fell May 19 after it was hit by a truck hauling a boom lift. No one was injured.

Assistant city engineer Debbie Miller says officials are optimistic repairs could begin June 20.

Cimarron Construction Co. won the bid for the project, which will cost nearly $412,500. They’ll also demolish the damage for nearly $58,000.

 

Latest Stories

Capitol Update from Rep. Luttrell

The fifth week of session seemed to have moved very quickly, but saw us pass a...

Bills come, and bills go

By Sen. Bill Coleman   The legislative session is a curious and complex process. Last week,...

Senate says yes to counties & municipalities displaying national motto

OKLAHOMA CITY – “In God We Trust” has been the United States’ national motto since it...