Official: $8k away from razing house where 5 were killed

The Associated Press and Tulsa World - April 9, 2017 10:15 am

Official: $8k away from razing house where 5 were killed
(Information from: Tulsa World, http://www.tulsaworld.com)
BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) – A city councilman says a plan to raise enough money to tear down a Tulsa-area home where five family members were murdered is roughly $8,000 short of the goal.
Broken Arrow councilor Mike Lester told the Tulsa World Friday that he’s hopeful the $50,000 goal can be reached this weekend.
If the goal is met, officials will demolish the house to make way for a memorial garden.
Police say brothers Robert Bever and Michael Bever fatally stabbed their parents, two brothers and a sister in 2015 as part of a gruesome plot to carry out further mass killings across the country.
Robert Bever pleaded guilty and was sentenced last year to life in prison without parole. Michael Bever has pleaded not guilty and goes to trial in June.

Image: KOCO

 

Latest Stories

First Associated Press Poll Of 2022 Places OU, OSU Within Its Top 25

OKLAHOMA CITY –  The Associated Press released its preseason poll for the upcoming 2022 college football season Monday,...

NOC Hosting Support Event for Concurrent Ponca City High School Students

NOC’s Rick Edgington, ED.D will be at the University Center in Ponca City on Thursday, August...

Families Can Register Children in Grades 7th Through 9th for Free Online Math Tutoring

Oklahoma City – The Math Tutoring Corps initiative offered by the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE)...