No foul play suspected in death of two men

Ponca City Now - June 9, 2015 11:33 am

EUFAULA, Okla. (AP) – An Oklahoma sheriff says the deaths of two men missing from a music festival are not suspicious.

Okmulgee County Sheriff Eddy Rice told the Tulsa World (http://bit.ly/1MkYYF4 ) Monday that there were no signs of foul play in the deaths of 20-year-olds Benjamin Baber and Cody Parrick.

Their bodies were found Sunday night in Baber’s minivan, which was submerged in the flood-swollen Lake Eufaula. Family members said the men had been best friends since they were in a pre-kindergarten class together.

The men had been missing after the Rocklahoma festival for 16 days before receding water levels revealed the top of the van.

It’s unclear how the vehicle ended up in the lake but Rice said Baber was a very inexperienced driver.

 

Latest Stories

Teachers react to in-school quarantine

‘It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen’ OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — Oklahoma’s skyrocketing coronavirus numbers has...

Oklahoma National Guard Gold Star Tree honors Fallen Guardsmen

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — One tree. Twenty photos. Twenty pairs of empty boots. Twenty families who gave...

Bar owners, employees sue OKC Mayor over 11 p.m. bar closure proclamation

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – In Oklahoma City, three bars and four bar employees are suing the...