New assistant principal named for high school
Ponca City Now - June 9, 2015 12:13 pm
The Ponca City Public School district has selected Kevin LaRue as the new assistant principal at the Senior High School. LaRue will replace Jamie Morgan who is leaving Ponca City.
“I am extremely grateful to be able to serve Ponca City High School in a new capacity and step up to the challenges we face,” said LaRue. “It’s exciting to be able to contribute to the continuing positive direction in which Po-Hi is heading. I believe the collaborative efforts of our students, teachers, staff, administration, and community can, and will, move our school to new heights!”
LaRue received his Bachelor of Science in Education from Missouri Southern State College in Joplin, Missouri. He received a Masters of Education at Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, Oklahoma.
He has taught several subjects at Ponca City Senior High School including Advanced Placement U.S. Government, Psychology, Sociology, U.S. Government, and World History. He has also served as the E2020 online learning facilitator. In addition to his teaching duties, he has also been the Defensive Varsity Football Coordinator (2010-2011 & 2013-present), Assistant Varsity Football Coach (2002-2011, 2013-present), and Head Junior High Wrestling Coach (2012 to present).
Honors & Affiliations
· Ponca City District Teacher of the Year (2011-2012)
· BSE Social Science Education Outstanding Graduate, MSSC (2001)
· Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) Commissioner’s Academic Honor Roll – 5 years (1996-2001)
· NWOSU President’s Honor Roll – 4.0 GPA
· Served on Ponca City High School PLC Steering Committee (2013)
· Served on Ponca City High School Marzano/TLE Steering Committee (2013)
· Served on Ponca City High School BLT Team (2013-2014)
· Assistant Coach, Pawnee Bill All-Star Football Game, Pawnee, OK (2007)
· 5 Year letterman – 3 year starter at football for Missouri Southern State
· Dudley Stuegge Memorial Scholarship for Student Coaches, MSSC (2001)