Murder charge refiled against Tulsa woman in 2011 slaying

The Associated Press and The Tulsa World - September 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Michelle Lynn Millikin

TULSA, Okla. (AP) – A first-degree murder charge has been refiled against a Tulsa woman who was previously found incompetent to stand trial.

Court records show prosecutors refiled the charge Tuesday against 27-year-old Michelle Millikin in the 2011 stabbing death of 59-year-old Gary Bailey.

The initial murder charge was filed in 2011 and dismissed in 2013 after Millikin was found unable to attain competency.

Tulsa County assistant District Attorney Kevin Keller told the Tulsa World that there is now “enough of a question” about whether Millikin’s competency has been restored to reconsider the case.

Court records do not list an attorney to speak on Millikin’s behalf. She pleaded not guilty to the charge after it was first filed in 2011.

 

Latest Stories

Judge Says OTA ‘Willfully Violated’ State Law

A judge ruled Thursday that the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority “willfully violated” a government transparency law when it awarded...

High Court to Rule on Biden Student Loan Cancellation Plan

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court agreed Thursday to decide whether the Biden administration can broadly cancel student loans, keeping the...

U.S. Mint to Release $1 Coin Featuring Native American Ballerinas, ‘Five Moons’

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — The United State Mint announced that the reverse design for the 2023 $1 coin will...