Most ODOC facilities resume normal operations
Ponca City Now - March 6, 2020 2:12 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma Department of Corrections has returned to normal operations, including visitation, for all but six prisons. Three state-run prisons and three private prisons remain on lock down.
ODOC initiated the security measure Monday night in response to a disturbance between approximately a half dozen inmates at Mack Alford Correctional Center. No one was seriously injured, and agents with ODOC’s Inspector General’s office continue to investigate the incident.
The following facilities remain locked down:
- Mack Alford Correctional Center – Stringtown
- Dick Conner Correctional Center – Hominy
- North Fork Correctional Center – Sayre
- Davis Correctional Facility – Holdenville
- Lawton Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
- Cimarron Correctional Facility – Cushing
ODOC will resume normal operations at the remaining facilities when staff have determined it is safe to do so.
Visitation is suspended at the prisons remaining on lockdown. The public should continue to monitor the department’s social media before planning visitation.