Man ordered to trial in 35-year-old Oklahoma cold case death

The Associated Press - August 14, 2017 11:50 am

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – A judge has ordered a 66-year-old man to trial in connection with the shooting death of 23-year-old Cuban immigrant in Oklahoma City 35 years ago.

Raul Sierra is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Wilfredo Roberto Matos Osorio.

Osorio’s body was found next to a Pottawatomie County bridge on Nov. 28, 1982. The state Medical Examiner’s Office says Osorio died from a shotgun wound to the head.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of investigation says he was shot in Oklahoma City and his body dumped in Pottawatomie County.

Special Judge Mark McCormick ordered Sierra to trial on Friday following a preliminary hearing. Sierra allegedly was involved with bringing cocaine and marijuana to Oklahoma City from Miami through drug runners, including Osorio. Sierra was arrested last year in New Orleans.

 

Latest Stories

Southern Hills to replace Trump National for ’22 PGA

By DOUG FERGUSON The PGA Championship is headed back to Southern Hills next year, the Oklahoma...

Oklahoma man accused in Capitol breach ordered released

MUSKOGEE, Okla. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday ordered a Muskogee, Oklahoma, man arrested for...

Insurance Checklist for 2021

By Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Glen Mulready    The start of a new year is a great time to reevaluate...