Main Street Program wins two reinvestment awards from state program
Ponca City Now - March 13, 2018 11:53 am
The Ponca City Main Street Program was presented two reinvestment awards Monday night from the Oklahoma Main Street program during the City Commission meeting.
Buffy Hughes, head of Oklahoma Main Street, presented matching awards to Main Street Executive Director Chelsea McConnell and Mayor Homer Nicholson. The awards recognized the local program reaching the $30 million mark in public and private reinvestment in the downtown area by April 2016, and the $40 million mark by October 2017.
McConnell said she submits a reinvestment report to the state program each month. The reports are then tallied to determine total reinvestment in the area. These reports are one of several activities on which the local program is judged for ranking in 10 competitive awards each year.
Following is a list of the competitive activities:
- Submission of competitive Main Street Award Nominations.
- Attendance to the National Main Streets Conference.
- Attendance to the annual Oklahoma Main Street Banquet.
- Attendance to the Annual Statewide Preservation Conference.
- Submission of completed annual agreement and work plan by due date.
- Participation in the annual customer satisfaction survey.
- Attendance to the August Program Manager / Volunteer Training.
- On-time submission of monthly reinvestment reports.
- Attendance to the November Program Manager / Volunteer Training.
- Attendance to other approved conferences, seminars and trainings.
- Attendance to approved webinars pertaining to Main Street.
- Attendance to approved luncheons pertaining to Main Street.