Kay County voters can vote today or Tuesday
Team Radio Marketing Group - October 6, 2017 10:15 am
Registered voters in Kay County who want to vote by mail absentee ballot in next Tuesday’s Special Ponca City Municipal Election and Special School Elections for Peckham School District and Shidler School District have missed the application deadline, County Election Board Secretary Cheryl Howard said.
“They aren’t out of luck, however,” Howard said.
Voters who want to cast absentee ballots still can do so at the County Election Board office today — Friday, Oct. 6, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. A two-member, bipartisan Absentee Voting Board will be on duty each day to assist absentee voters.
“In-person absentee voters fill out an application form when they get to the office. They are not required to give a reason for voting absentee” Howard said. “They are required to swear that they have not voted a regular mail absentee ballot and that they will not vote at their polling place on election day.”
According to Howard, the Absentee Voting Board verifies a voter’s registration information, then issues the voter’s ballots. The voter marks the ballots in a voting booth and then puts them in the voting device. “It is very much like voting at a precinct polling place,” said Howard.
Contact the County Election Board, located at 201 S. Main Street, in the basement of the Kay County Courthouse in Newkirk for more information. The telephone number is (580) 362-2130.
Polling places for voters who want to vote on Tuesday are listed below. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
PRECINCT POLLING PLACES
OCT. 10, 2017
Ponca City Municipal Special Election
Peckham School Special Election
Shidler School Special Election
202 First Christian Church, 306 E. Coolidge, Blackwell
- Masonic Lodge, 88 Boaz, Newkirk
- (SUB) Christ Church, 1001 S. Magnolia, Newkirk
- Christ Church, 1001 S. Magnolia, Newkirk
404 Peckham Christian Church, Liberty Ave. Peckham
409 Peckham Fire Dept. 7151 W. Church St. Peckham
- Kildare School 1265 Church ST. Kildare
- Community Building, 300 Morgan Sq. Kaw City
413 Presbyterian Church 14th & Grand Ave. Ponca City
- Community Christian Church, 2109 W. Grand Ave. Ponca City
420 Ranch Drive Volunteer Fire Dept. 3454 S. Ranch Dr. Ponca City
- Victory Worship Center, 618 E. Hartford Ave. Ponca City
- Ponca City Senior Center, 319 W. Grand Ave Ponca City
- Faith Tabernacle 501 S. 5th, Ponca City
- St. Mary’s Parish Hall 408 S. 8th. Ponca City
- Providence Baptist Church 1301 East Bradley. Ponca City
- Pioneer Technology Center 2101 N. Ash ST. Ponca City
- Woodlands Christian Church, 1400 E. Hartford Ave. Ponca City
- St. Luke’s Church of the Nazarene 1715 E. Prospect Ave. Ponca City
- Northeast Baptist Church 2200 N. Pecan Rd. Ponca City
- 1st Assembly of God, 2313 E. Prospect Ave., Ponca City