Historic Preservation Panel calls special meeting for Thursday
Ponca City Now - November 27, 2018 9:08 am
A special meeting of the Historic Preservation Advisory Panel has been set for 3 to 5 p.m. Thursday in the McFadden Room on the second floor of City Hall.
Sara Werneke from the State Historic Preservation Office will be in attendance to do a presentation on the eight National Register Nominations the panel recently had completed by Preservation & Design Studio. The property owners and local elected officials have also been invited to attend this special meeting.
The buildings which are included in the presentation include:
- The Ponca City Municipal Airport Hangar, 2231 North Waverly Street;
- The Charlotte Marland House, 919 East Grand Avenue;
- The Cleary House, 13 Hillcrest Drive;
- First Presbyterian Church, 1505 East Grand Avenue;
- The Marland Estate, Inc., Gatehouse, 747 North 14th Street;
- Ponca City Milling Company Elevator, 114 W. Central Avenue
- Ponca City Power Plant, 1420 North Union Street;
- Temple Emanuel, 1201 East Highland Avenue, all in Ponca City.
After review and any revisions, the presentations on these properties will go to the State Historic Preservation Office for to be considered for sending to the National Park Service to include on the National Register of Historic Places.