HELP IS AVAILABLE
Ponca City Now - January 29, 2016 1:43 pm
The Edwin Fair Community Mental Health Center is available to anyone in need of help at any time.
Edwin Fair offers 24 hour emergency services. During business hours please contact the office closest to you. After hours and weekends, please call 1-800-566-1343; after hours TDD 1-800-522-9054.
The following signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. The risk of suicide is greater if behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss, or change. If someone you know exhibits any of the following signs, seek help as soon as possible.
- Talking about wanting to die or kill themselves
- Looking for a way to kill themselves, such as searching online or buying a gun
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Acting anxious or agitate, behaving recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or isolating themselves
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
If you or someone you know exhibits any of these signs seek help as soon as possible by calling Edwin Fair or you can also call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
For more information, visit the Edwin Fair Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1137442439601976&id=382481458431415 . The agency is available to help those in need even if they don’t believe they can afford it.