Health Department offering immunizations on 07/22 and 07/29
Team Radio Marketing Group - July 9, 2021 12:37 pm
The Kay County Health Department will be providing on-site immunizations at the Registration Center on Thursday, July 22 and July 29 from 1:00 to 6:00. The following vaccines will be available (Tdap, HPV, & MCV).
For those interested, COVID-19 Pfizer vaccines will also be available for students age 12 and up. In order to receive vaccines a legal guardian must be present.
The Kay County Health Department will have vaccines available Mondays through Thursdays from 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 8 to 11 a.m., subject to staff availability. Insurance will be billed, if applicable. Those without insurance will be included in the Vaccines for Children program so there will be no out-of-pocket expense.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to schedule the COVID-19 vaccine through the COVID portal; however, all appointments are on a walk-in basis so there doesn’t have to be an appointment.
All required vaccines will be available at the Kay County Health Department located at 433 Fairview, Ponca City Oklahoma 74601 · Phone (580) 762-1641
• Seventh grade students missing the Tdap booster must provide an updated immunization record to the Registration Center to complete registration.
• Students in grades K-5 may be registered online; however, proof of residence, and in some cases, immunization records must be provided to the Registration Center to complete the registration process.
• Kindergarten students who have not completed the required immunizations must present an updated immunization record to complete registration. Students who are missing required documents will not be assigned to a class.
• Elementary in-district transfer requests will not be considered for students who have not registered by July 29. If families move over the summer, transfers will not be considered. If registration is not completed by July 29, class availability may be limited.
• The district will register students for their after-school child care program entitled “Cat Care” which will begin on the first day of classes.