Governor’s actions taken
Ponca City Now - March 23, 2020 9:16 pm
On Monday, Gov. Kevin Stitt took the following actions in response to the COVID-19
- Issued statewide Executive Order advising Oklahomans to:
- Stay home and avoid groups of 10 or more people
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts. Instead use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options
- Avoid discretionary travel, gyms, social visits, and shopping trips
- Do not visit nursing homes, retirement or long-term care facilities
- Activated the Oklahoma National Guard Regional Training Institute where 19 members of the Guard have been mobilized to observe COVID-19 developments and be ready to take any necessary actions requested by the governor to help communities and hospitals.
- Formed the Governor’s Solution Task Force to provide comprehensive solutions for COVID-19 pandemic, from forward planning for statewide hospital capacity to innovation strategizing for economic impact.