Governor Creates Pregnancy Task Force
KOKH - July 12, 2022 1:57 pm
Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt
OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt issued an executive order on Monday aiming to ensure all possible measures are taken to support women during crisis pregnancies.
Stitt’s executive order outlines the creation of the Helping Every Life and Parent Task Force.
The group will study, evaluate, and make recommendations about policies and proposed legislation in the following areas:
- Support Crisis Pregnancy Centers in Oklahoma
- Eliminate unnecessary barriers to adoption
- Encourage and provide resources to our communities to support mothers faced with an unplanned pregnancy
- Do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly in support of Oklahoma mothers and families
- Educate Oklahomans on the reality of life in the womb
- Empower nonprofit organizations and local faith communities to efficiently support families and mothers before, during, and after childbirth
The task force will be comprised of 11 members:
- The Oklahoma Attorney General or designee
- The Speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives or designee
- The President Pro Tempore of the Oklahoma Senate or designee
- The Secretary of Health and Mental Health or designee
- The Secretary of Human Services or designee
- The Commissioner of Health or designee
The governor will also appoint five additional members:
- Three representatives from nonprofit organizations or local faith communities specializing in pregnancy care and support
- A licensed obstetrician-gynecologist
- A representative of the faith community operating a crisis pregnancy center
The task force is expected to issue a report on its findings and recommendations on or by October 28th.