Girl, 2, dies after eating button battery

Ponca City Now - January 1, 2016 11:36 am

JAY, Okla. (AP) – An Oklahoma family is mourning after a 2-year-old girl died after swallowing a button battery.

The Oklahoman reports Brianna Florer died this week. Kent Vice, her grandfather, says she hadn’t been feeling well for a couple days and was throwing up and had a fever. She threw up blood late Sunday and her body turned blue, and she was taken to hospitals in Grove and then Tulsa.

Vice says his granddaughter went into surgery, but doctors couldn’t stop the bleeding.

The family learned that the girl likely swallowed the battery within six days of her death.

Eddie Johnson with the state medical examiner’s office says the girl’s autopsy is pending.

 

Latest Stories

#JuJu Strong Fundraiser Sign-ups September 25th

Ponca City, Ok- The #JuJu Strong Sporting Clay Shoot Fundraiser to benefit JuJu Aguilar and his...

Moore Police Arrest Man who Defecated in Grocery Store Freezer

MOORE, Okla. (KOKH) – Moore Police arrested a man who acted bizarrely over the weekend inside...

New Monarch Waystation Garden To Open At Domestic Violence Intervention Services In Tulsa

TULSA, Oklahoma – News 6 Clients at Domestic Violence Intervention Services in Tulsa have a new way of...