FLOODING: Highway Conditions 5-9-19 as of 11 a.m.
Ponca City Now - May 9, 2019 11:31 am
The following highways are closed until further notice due to flooding:
- Northbound I-35 is now OPEN to the Oklahoma/Kansas state line, however, northbound motorists should expect to be detoured to westbound US-166 (mm 4) in Kansas to northbound US-81 to Wichita until repairs are completed on the Kansas I-35 turnpike.
- The northbound and southbound I-35 on- and off-ramps are closed at the Braman exit (mm 230).
- US-77 is closed south of Tonkawa between US-60 and SH-15.
- US-177 is closed north of Blackwell.
Elsewhere in Oklahoma:
- SH-8 is closed near Cherokee between US-64 and SH-11.
- The I-40 southern service road (old 66) at MM19 is closed due to road damage.
- SH-80 is closed four miles west of Hulbert near Fort Gibson Lake.
- SH-127 is closed near Jay just west of US-59 due to a damaged drainage structure.
- SH-156 is closed near the Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge.
- US-81 is closed between Pond Creek and Medford.
GREER CO. — OPEN
- SH-6 is now OPEN five miles south of Granite.
- SH-48A is closed at the SH-48 junction in Coleman due to a damaged construction detour.
- SH-48A is closed two miles north of Milburn.
- SH-77-Scenic is closed at Lake Murray Spillway.
PITTSBURG CO. — OPEN
- SH-31 is now OPEN west of McAlester from the Industrial Park to Haywood Rd.
- US-281 north of Alva is closed between SH-11 and the Kansas state line.
DURING flooding conditions, motorists are reminded:
- Don’t drive around barricades if roadway is closed.
- If you see high water, turn around and do not enter.