Flood warning issued for Kay, Osage Counties
Ponca City Now - May 24, 2019 3:33 pm
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a Flood Warning for Kay and Osage Counties.
- The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Oklahoma:
- The Arkansas River near Ponca City affecting Kay and Osage Counties.
- The Arkansas River at Ralston affecting Osage and Pawnee Counties.
- The Arkansas River at Tulsa affecting Tulsa County.
- The Arkansas River near Haskell affecting Muskogee and Wagoner Counties.
- The Arkansas River near Muskogee affecting Muskogee County.
This is a dangerous and life threatening situation.
The Flood Warning continues for The Arkansas River near Ponca City until further notice.
At 2 p.m. Friday, the stage was 22.21 feet. Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
Record flooding is occurring and record flooding is forecast.
The forecast states the Arkansas River near Ponca City will continue rising to near 23.0 feet Sunday morning then begin falling to 22.0 feet late Tuesday night.
Impact: At 23.0 feet, serious flooding occurs in areas of Ponca City south of South Street between 12th and 14th Streets. The old Highway 60 bridge is not accessible via Pecan Road.
Businesses along Lake Road are flooded. This is an extremely dangerous and life threatening situation.