Firefighter injured when ammunition in burning house explodes
Ponca City Now - October 14, 2019 4:46 pm
TALIHINA, Okla. (AP) – Authorities in southeastern Oklahoma say a firefighter was injured during a weekend house fire when ammunition inside the burning residence exploded and struck him in the face.
Latimer County Emergency Management officials say the firefighter was injured on Saturday while battling a blaze in the Buffalo Valley community, located about 148 miles southeast of Oklahoma City.
Officials say flames caused the ammunition to overheat and ignite, wounding a firefighter in the face and head area.