Father, son die in mobile home fire in southern Oklahoma
The Associated Press - January 18, 2018 10:08 am
MARIETTA, Okla. (AP) – Authorities in southern Oklahoma say a 13-year-old boy died while trying to help his paralyzed father escape from a mobile home fire.
Love County Sheriff Marty Grisham says the father also died in the Wednesday morning blaze. Authorities tell The Daily Ardmoreite that the fire was ruled accidental and that space heaters may be to blame.
Grisham says the boy was trying to help his father escape from the blaze but they both succumbed to smoke inhalation.
Fire investigator Judah Shepard says the fire likely originated in the home’s living room.