Fall leaf collection begins today
Ponca City Now - November 23, 2015 12:36 pm
The City of Ponca City begins Autumn Leaf Collection today and ends on Jan. 8. The City is asks that residents who wish to have their leaves removed please follow these guidelines.
- Bag your leaves if possible. Bagged leaves placed in the regular refuse collection area will be collected free of charge until Jan. 8. Bagged leaves will be picked up at the rate of 10 bags per pickup day.
- Loose leaves should be placed within three feet of the front curb, but not in the street gutter. If leaves are raked or blown into the street gutter, they may clog the storm drains. Leaves found blown or raked into the street may result in a citation per City Code.
- No uncontainerized leaves will be collected in alleyways.
- No mulched leaves or leaves mixed with grass will be collected except by special pickup.
- The City Crew will be working the City section by section, so we ask for the public’s patience during this time. It may take two weeks or more to collect the leaves due to the large volumes expected.
- Another option for getting rid of your leaves would be to backyard compost them. This would provide the gardener with a rich soil for next spring’s plantings.
- Leaf collection is also available by special pickup anytime during the year. Call 767-0411 for information on special pickups. Special pickups carry a minimum charge of $36.13.