Epic Charter School Reaches Compliance Milestone With Virtual School Board Of Ed.
News 9 - August 10, 2022 6:39 am
OKLAHOMA CITY –
Epic Charter Schools leaders announced Tuesday that they have reached full compliance with Oklahoma’s Statewide Virtual Charter School Board of Education.
The designation was voted on during the Statewide Virtual Charter School Board meeting.
“This is definitely a milestone moment in the history of Epic Charter School. It has been a long road, but on behalf of our Epic team and Board of Education, we are grateful for the patience and direction provided to us by the Statewide Virtual Charter School Board and its leadership,” said Epic Superintendent Bart Banfield in a press release.
Epic Charter School says they have taken more than 50 corrective actions to ensure the schools compliance.
Those actions include:
- Severing all ties with Epic Charter School’s former management, Epic Youth Services and its founders
- Establishing a new Board of Education comprised of business and civic leaders without any previous relationship to EYS management
- Creating new checks and balances to strengthen internal controls and ensure fiduciary oversight by Epic’s new Board of Education. This action included hiring a new Deputy Superintendent of Finance
- Providing full transparency and accounting of the Learning Fund expenditures and balance
- Consolidating two school districts, Epic One-onOne and Epic Blended Charter, which make up 60% and 40% of student enrollment.